Lacking motivation to get back into the gym? Back in the gym already but feel stagnated? Or maybe you’re just looking for new inspiration for a the new year. Whatever your situation, reading words of wisdom from successful people can be super-inspiring.
With that in mind, here are 20 amazing motivational quotes from notable figures to help you kick start your new year — and your fitness goals.
Some are from sports people, some entrepreneurs, world leaders and famous thinkers, but in each of these quotes is something to inspire you in your fitness pursuits.
1. “The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides a champion from someone who is not a champion.”
— Arnold Schwarzenegger, seven-time Mr. Olympia
2. “Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.”
— Henry David Thoreau, poet and philosopher
3. “All progress takes place outside the comfort zone.”
— Michael John Bobak, digital artist
4. “If you think lifting is dangerous, try being weak. Being weak is dangerous.”
— Bret Contreras, sports scientist
5. “The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.”
— Vidal Sassoon, hairstylist and businessman
6. “The clock is ticking. Are you becoming the person you want to be?”
— Greg Plitt, fitness model
7. “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t, you’re right.”
— Henry Ford, industrialist
8. “The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus.”
— Bruce Lee, actor and martial artist
9. “You must expect great things of yourself before you can do them.”
— Michael Jordan, basketball player
10. “Action is the foundational key to all success.”
— Pablo Picasso, visual artist
11. “Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.”
– Abraham Lincoln, 16th President of the United States
12. “Well done is better than well said.”
— Benjamin Franklin, American Founding Father and inventor
13. “All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.”
— Walt Disney, film producer and entrepreneur Go Next Page To See More.